Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Crunch Time

I have 10 days left before the boys get out of school for the summer. That means 10 days left to finish the album from LAST summer's 101 Things to Do. I've been trying to work on it a little bit each day (or each night I should say since that's when I really have time to scrap.) I've spend the last week or so on the number titles and deciding on each slot's background papers. I'm up to #89, so a few more to finish and then on to the tough part...the actual journalling of each item. I had journalled up to #15 before so that gives me 10 days to journal, print and finish 86. That's what I call crunch time. I'm sensing some late nights in my immediate future.

Here are supplies I've used in this album.


I used a Recollections album from Michaels that holds 400 4x6 pictures.

For my embellishments I used card stock stickers from BoBunny (Backyard Bliss & H20+Sun Collections), Sticker Sentiments by SRM Stickers and K & Company stickers.


For papers, I used Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer collection (How could I not use it with a name being so similar to my project?!?!)

I chose the Recollections album because I knew I would have lots of pictures from the summer and needed to have a simple layout to get them all in. Using this type of album with all 4x6 photos pockets made it super simple to scrap a lot of photos, plus it still left room for my journaling and embellishments. Another reason I liked this particular album is that the pockets allow for both horizontal and vertical pictures. I tend to take a majority of my photos vertically so I needed an album that would accommodate both types.




Album's title page
Close up of page title

To give the album a casual, fun feeling I chose to doodle around the card stock backgrounds for my journalling and item number titles. Each page got a pocket with background paper that had strips explaining the item number for the photos on that page.(above)  

In the journalling (below) I circled the title for each item number to have them stand out a little more.


After completing my Europe trip album, where I used a TON of memorabilia, I felt more comfortable including it into my scrapbooks. In this album I used tickets, brochures, a subway token from the Trolley Museum, postcards, and a souvenir ride picture from one of the amusement parks we went to.


I'm really liking how the album is coming together. So much so that I've even gone ahead and purchased another one of these albums in red for this summer's scrapbook. Also picked up papers & embellishments for it. All I need now are the photos and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment