Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In February, I joined an online challenge group. It's called Layout a Day or LOAD. The theme of it was PAST PERFECT. Each day we were given prompts to inspire you to make a scrapbook layout. PAST PERFECT referenced making layouts from past memories. Initially  I was a little disappointed because I don't have many photos from my childhood. The ones I could find from my late teens, early 20's were horribly out of focus. (Cheap cameras.) Instead of relying on old photos I didn't have, it caused me to go online and find photos to match my story.
Like this layout about my first car. If you read yesterday's entry you'll remember me saying I'm not too computer savvy so I was very proud of myself for getting this photo downloaded, copied onto my memory card and printed.

This challenge also gave me the opportunity to scrap some layouts I've been kicking around my head but never had the chance to do because other more recent layouts or events seemed more important than past memories.  For example, the layout below about my very first apartment. The layout is actually not black & white. I have no idea why this photo came out b/w when I uploaded it to this blog. (See proof I wasn't kidding when I said I'm basically computer clueless.)

My favorite layout from the month was from the prompt, "Favorite Photo" I used my favorite photo from my trip to Europe. I like this layout for a couple of reasons.
1-It's my favorite photo because of the lighting, I like the silhoutte of the couple as they are walking away, I love the arches from the building and it's from Venice, my favorite city on my tour.
2-I love the papers and colors I chose because I think they are a perfect match to the photo.
3-I love the unexpected pop of color from the blue tag which also matches the photo.
4-This is about as shabby chic as I get on layouts. The little collage of embellishments in the corner is not really in my comfort zone but I made it work where I still felt comfortable with it working with my linear style.



Ok, that's it for today. It's getting late and the kids will be up in just a few hours. I'll post more layouts from the challenge tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment