Monday, April 16, 2012

Sorry I Was Off the Grid...

Well, 2 days into my blog and my computer goes out. Arrgh!! So much for my daily commitment. Sounds like most of my diet efforts. LOL

A good thing about my computer difficulties...I had more time to work on my Europe trip album. I'm almost done. There's about a dozen pages I need to add journaling to, a couple of additional photos I need to print out and add to some pages. I need to do a layout of my return flight and one thanking John for letting me go on this adventure. (Not that he could have really stopped me-LOL)

I'm proud to say that most of my 1600 + photos have made it into my three volume scrapbook. Plus I love the classy style of the album. I'll be sharing just as soon as I finish it. I'm giving myself a deadline of April 30th. Those of you who know me well knows that means I'll be pulling an all-nighter that last night.

Till then let me share some more of the layouts I did for my February online challenge. Here's one for the prompt "Favorite Memory" Hence, the title for my page. LOL Actually the layout says a little more. The full title is "My Favorite Memory from Childhood." What I like most about this page, other than the memory it brings up, are the circles and strips of paper at the bottom. I used one of the sketches from Scrapbook Generation Sketches for Scrapbooking books. (By the way which are my ABSOLUTELY favorite scrapbooking tool!)

I chose this layout because of the circles and thought they would add the perfect amount of fun to this page about summers, swimming and childhood memories. There is also a double meaning to them for me. They represent a sort of 'circle of life' in my life. This lake is the lake I spent my childhood summers swimming in and now I get to bring my kids back there to swim. Daniel and Joseph were the age I was when I spent my last summers there before my Uncle Hughie sold his cottage.

One thing I'd like to change is the layout of the title. I LOVE my letter stickers and love to mix & match them but I'm starting to feel like my titles are all starting to look the same. I feel I need a course in title enhancement. I scour the scrapping magazines each month, looking ideas but then come back to the same old same old. Oh well, something for me to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment