Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning Means Less Scrapping

Whew! I'm exhausted and it's not because I've been up late scrapping either. Nope, it's from spring cleaning. John's on vacation this week, we're cleaning out the house and we're having a yard sale on Saturday.

It's amazing how quickly stuff accumulates. I feel like junk just multiples in my house like bunny rabbits. We live in a house with only 900 sq feet of living space. I think 750 feet of it is filled with non-essential stuff. I was daydreaming yesterday that it would be nice to get a fire hose and just wash everything out and start over fresh with so much less.

After this week I have to concentrate on organizing what I want to bring with me to my Maine scrapbooking weekend retreat. I can't wait! Three whole days of non-stop scrapping with my sister. I haven't been to a weekend crop in over a year. Things have been so crazy and hectic here that I really need it.

I've been trying to figure out what I want to work on. My Europe album WILL be done by then. (Positive thinking and fingers crossed.) I really would like to get my album from last summer's 101 Summer Things to Do done. I wanted to make it a quick album so I made it in an album that has all 4x6 photo pockets. All I had to do was print the photos, organize them, slide them into the pockets, journal, and add some embellishments. I had the photos printed, organized and into the album by last October but just need the time to do the journaling. I have 101 different things to talk about so every page is going to have journaling. I love to journal so that's not the problem. The problem is I just need some uninterrupted time to get it done. If I can get Printshop downloaded onto my laptop I'm going to plan on bringing this and my printer so I can get it done. I only have two months left before 2012's list of 101 Summer Things to Do and I can't still be working on last year's or else my stories will get all mushed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment