Monday, April 23, 2012

Telling the Photo-less Story

Another layout from February's online challenge. This prompt was "I Always Thought..." (Hence, the original title. LOL)

I always thought that I would grow up to own a home that would have a library in it because I love to read so much. If you read the last prompt you read that our home is only 900 square feet. Needless to say it doesn't include a library. But almost as good if not better...it does contain a scraproom for me. Alright, so it's in the basement with limited natural light and ventalation but it's my creative oasis. The room that keeps me sane in a world of child rearing craziness.

What do you do when you have a story you want to tell but don't have a photo for it? In the past, I have still told the story through my journaling and added some embellishments to relay the theme of the story, for this month's challenge I wanted to use photos. This forced me to learn how to download internet photos and get them transferred onto help a memory card so I could print them out. (I don't print photos directly from my computer. I don't like how my printer prints them. I print all my photos from my Epson PictureMate Printer .) This photo is one of the ones that I downloaded from the internet. Since my house doesn't have a library I needed a photo of one. I got it and a couple of other photos from the website Dreamstime . There's a charge for them but I love the quality of the photos.

This layout also let me try out a new journaling format. I've done other layouts with the journaling strips but those have had each line cut into strips. On this one I tried to break each line down a little further to give it a different look. Not an original idea but something new for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment